Last week I enjoyed an amazing one night stay at Mountain Shadows and had an INCREDIBLE time!
In case you don’t know about this beautiful resort, here goes:
Mountain Shadows is in the heart of Paradise Valley, Arizona, right between Camelback Mountain and Mummy Mountain. The original Mountain Shadows Resort opened in January of 1959 and earned its namesake because of the amazing silhouettes cast by Camelback Mountain and Mummy Mountain every afternoon. There is wonderful history sprinkled throughout this beautifully renovated Icon and the friendly staff is proud to share historical and current details. The original resort welcomed celebrities, locals and international travelers, which is still the case today! The grounds are beautiful and the architecture is mid-century modernism with a contemporary design. Every detail is well thought out and absolutely stunning.
Imagine my surprise when my room key opened to the beautiful Presidential Suite with the most amazing views of Camelback Mountain and an oversized wrap around balcony with plenty of comfortable seating!
I enjoyed the serenity of the suite, a gorgeous sunset from the balcony and honestly did not want to leave for dinner at Hearth ’61 downstairs!
A little more Mountain Shadows history: In 1961, Paradise Valley, Arizona officially became an incorporated town. Residents of Paradise Valley (or PV to the locals) have always been very proud of their town’s quality of life. Hearth ’61 honors the town’s origins with its special name. I love that!
Walking into Hearth ’61 is a unique experience. It’s a sleek, Open Kitchen (always entertaining to watch incredible dishes being prepared right before you) a Living Room and Bar. Our dinner was prepared perfectly and every dish was incredibly delicious.
After dinner, I slipped off to my amazing and comfortable (Presidential!) Suite, where I slept like a baby. The bed was so comfortable, with the softest top quality bedding and the bathroom had my every exquisite, pampering detail fulfilled.
The next morning I enjoyed a light breakfast in the suite and soaked in the balcony views before checking out. I can’t wait to return and am so happy this is close to home – such a wonderful escape!
Here are some specials Mountain Shadows has going on right now:
- Arizona residents can enjoy a fee-free stay starting from $119 on select dates, now through August 31. Enjoy a modern guestroom with the $32 resort fee waived (requires deposit of one night’s room and tax).
- Save up to 20% off the prevailing rate when booking suites. Requires a non-refundable deposit of 1 night’s room and tax at time of booking. Must be booked within 14 days of arrival. Reservation cannot be canceled or modified without penalty.
- Book two nights and they will include a third night free. Requires deposit of one night’s room and tax | cannot be changed, canceled or combined with other offers | 3rd consecutive night only
- Check-in and enjoy unlimited rounds of golf at The Short Course during your stay, along with complimentary Ping rental clubs. Available now to August 31. Please reserve tee times at time of booking to guarantee availability
- Start the day right with breakfast in Hearth ’61 or Rusty’s after a restful night’s sleep. Includes a maximum $20 breakfast credit per registered adult, per night. Excludes room service orders. Gratuities and alcohol excluded. Cannot be combined with other offers. Subject to availability, some blackout dates apply.
- Save 15% on your stay when you pre-pay. Requires full pre-payment of room and tax at time of booking. Reservation cannot be changed or canceled and is non-refundable. Based on prevailing rates. Not valid with any other offer. Blackout dates apply.
*Thank you Mountain Shadows for sponsoring this post